Corporate Photo Help
Are you featuring a poorly made, dated picture of yourself on your Web site and in office correspondence?
Just think about how many places your photograph can go to: web sites, emails, printed documents, resumes and social networking. And they are out there forever.
A corporate portrait (head shot) is first and most important in a web search. So make a good first impression!
Studio lighting and our post production techniques make a huge difference to the finished image. Don’t leave it to a colleague with the ‘office camera’.
How should I look?
Choose a ‘look’ best suited to your professional needs.
- Smiling or fairly serious?
- Approachable but professional?
- Mood lighting with shadow or very soft shadowless?
- Tungsten, warm lighting i.e. warm and friendly?
- Black and White for something arty and different?
If you are in a serious business do you need to look like the local bank manager, or more like a Richard Branson?
- If you are an executive, you might want your portrait made in your office.
- If you want the best possible lighting and backgrounds then the studio is best.
- Men should wear a suit jacket that fits well, and a dress shirt with or without a tie.
- Women should wear a tailored jacket or a blouse paying most attention to the neckline.
- For women, Jewellery can be a great accessory to your outfit if it fits with your features and the mood of the photo. Necklaces look best when they aren’t too large and follow your neckline.
- Long sleeves are much more flattering than bare arms.
- Solid colours photograph best, and most people look good in mid tones. Pastels look good on fairer complexions using lighter backdrops and winter colours are best on darker backdrops.
- Avoid white and colours that match your flesh tones such as beige, tan, or very pale peach, pink, or grey).
- Avoid wearing clothing with wild patterns or accessories that distract and take away from your face. Very bright colours can be a distraction.
- Makeup should be graduated at the neckline and subtle; definitely not overdone.
- Glossy makeup can be distracting if it looks too ‘shiny’.
- Women who don’t usually wear makeup will photograph better with a little foundation.
- You will view a selection at the studio or online the same day. Orders can be made by email through your office.
- Ordered Photos will be emailed to you as high-resolution and smaller email size of each image ordered.
- You or Your Company will have full rights to use of the images.
- Fisher Photography retains the image copyright but grants you permission to use your image for business purposes.
Order Two or Three Poses
We recommend you purchase 2-3 poses. This will give you choices later.
Airbrushing (level 2)
We do basic retouching on your business portraits without charging additional fees. You can choose to have a complete artwork service for small additional fee of $25. This higher level retouching can include removing blemishes, reducing under-eye lines, brightening eyes, whitening teeth, and reducing wrinkles. This is a recommended service which will make the most of your photo session.